Koodo Community
Question

Wifi calling OnePlus 9

• 29 June 2023
  • 7 replies

Hi EveryOne

Wifi Calling stopped working since the latest security update that happen end of May till this Month .

Did anyone find a workaround or solution ?

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Wifi calling was never available for oneplus device in Koodo network though. I wondered how you used it previously. Was it only showing up as a setting or you actually used it on WiFi?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi EveryOne

Wifi Calling stopped working since the latest security update that happen end of May till this Month .

Did anyone find a workaround or solution ?

I am not sure if this method still works, but you may want to give it a try. Make sure to back up your phone before going ahead with the process. https://community.oneplus.com/thread/1284987

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The other thing you might need to do is set/update your e911 address.  More details here: 

@Dinh , yes it was working recently my OnePlus 9 5G ,  bought from Amazon , it was working till i applied the latest security patch , I found its security bug that prevent VOLTE Service 

Wifi calling was never available for oneplus device in Koodo network though. I wondered how you used it previously. Was it only showing up as a setting or you actually used it on WiFi?

@Dinh , yes it was working recently my OnePlus 9 5G ,  bought from Amazon , it was working till i applied the latest security patch , I found its security bug that prevent VOLTE Service 

The other thing you might need to do is set/update your e911 address.  More details here: 

Its already setted thank you . I guess its different issue then 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The security patch was delivered by OnePlus. As the device wasn't a Koodo device, it wasn't pushed by Koodo. 

Anyway, not sure how you made it work. I don't recommend you use side loading customized firmware for security reasons.