Skip to main content

I’m looking to buy a phone and wondering which frequencies and bands are supported by Koodo.

I’ve found this page - it is somewhat useful in that it lists the frequencies, however for the 700 MHz frequency I am wondering which bands Koodo uses.  

I see here on this 2018 site that phones on Koodo and Telus must support bands 12,13,17, and 29 in the 700 MHz frequency range, however many phones are missing one or more of these  (usually 29).  I’m not sure how important 29 is anymore. Is this page even current and correct?

Can someone provide some current and definitive info?

Koodo page is the official page. It was the page that you were looking for. That is the “definitive” info. They use a mix of multiple bands, so if your phone has all those bands, the phone have a better chance of cellular connection.

However, that page only showed major bands, there are several other minor bands that was only available in certain areas.

Anyway, I recommend you  buy a Canadian model of the phone model. it will likely work with Koodo and other carriers.

Thanks, a lot of sellers say their phone is the Canadian model, however I am often skeptical and want to be sure 😊