Koodo Community
Solved

What charger comes in the box with the s20 fe 5G?

• 7 December 2021
  • 7 replies

Title.

icon

Best answer by Allan M 7 December 2021, 03:14

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It comes with a USB-A wall charger.

How many watts, what generation PD, what generation and length cable? Usb A to usb  c or C to C?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

How many watts, what generation PD, what generation and length cable? Usb A to usb  c or C to C?

The cord is a 3ft A to C cable.

The charger is this one:
https://www.samsung.com/ca/mobile-accessories/travel-adapter-15w-ta-black-ep-ta20jbengca/

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It comes with the basic charger. If you want the 25W super fast charging adapter, you will need to get it separately. 

Wow that's dumb. Same charger that came with my S9 plus 4 years ago. Now I see why they don't include the charger with their newer phones anymore, what's the point? I have like 7 of these travel adapters already.

Thanks for your help guys. Ordered the 25w charger from best buy 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Wow that's dumb. Same charger that came with my S9 plus 4 years ago. Now I see why they don't include the charger with their newer phones anymore, what's the point? I have like 7 of these travel adapters already.

Thanks for your help guys. Ordered the 25w charger from best buy 

They could do like the iphone 13 and leave out the charger entirely...

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

They could do like the iphone 13 and leave out the charger entirely...

@Timo Tuokkola yep that’s true.  Sadly though it’s not just the current-gen iPhones that have taken the no-brick-in-the-box approach.  The current-gen Samsung flagships (S21 series) and I suspect foldables don’t include, and same with the Pixel 6 and 6 Pro.  I’m sure there are others as well. 

That said, in at least some of these models, they have come at a reduced price, which makes needing to get a separate brick still annoying but at least not really an additional cost.  For example, the S20 launched with a starting price of $1,319.99 (with a brick in the box) vs. $1,199.99 ($120 savings) for the S21.  I’m not sure if the same can be said for the iPhones or not.  On the Pixel side, it’s harder to compare to their predecessor as this gen is quite different, but at a Canadian starting price of $799 for the 6 and $1,179 for the 6 Pro, it is priced favourably compared to other flagship offerings.  So again, plenty of budget leftover to pick up a brick.  Best Buy recently had the Samsung 25w travel adapter with PD3.0 and PPS support on sale for $12.99 (they may still), so…..pretty hard to complain really.