Koodo Community
Solved

Weak Signal

• 14 April 2022
  • 7 replies

Just joined Koodo, and I have noticed that I can’t access the internet with just data.  I usually have only 2 signal bars and the network says 3G but I was told that the signal should be fine as Koodo uses the same towers as Telus.  It should read 4G and given that I am not at all in a remote area, I should at least be able to access my email or banking app with data.  Any suggestions?  Thinking I might have made the wrong choice switching to Koodo from Telus.  I have an iPhone 12.

icon

Best answer by rikkster 18 April 2022, 13:12

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

They're literally using the same tower. Where are you located and are you using a new phone? If you had 4G/LTE before at that location you probably disabled the 4G/LTE. 

I switched from Telus to Koodo.  I am located in the Niagara Region.  DOn’t think I disabled anything…

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Were you having 4G/LTE before and now you don’t? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I switched from Telus to Koodo.  I am located in the Niagara Region.  DOn’t think I disabled anything…

Have you tried changing your APN settings after making the port transfer? If that does not work, I would suggest you to reset your network settings. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/setting-data-your-non-koodo-phone

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

A restart of your iPhone 12 might be all that’s needed to restore 4G LTE connectivity. Check that your phone is set to LTE by going to Settings > Cellular - tap Cellular Data Options.  Tap or view Voice & Data to confirm that LTE is selected.

Whenever I switch to mobile data there is a considerable latency, signal drop and poor/weak signal since of late.  It's been prevalent especially the start of this year 2022.  I am at Alta Vista-Kilborn area and weak signals to no connection at or arojnd Kanata.

I nevwr experienced this before with Koodo and I have been a customer since 2017-2018.

I currently have it at auto.-parameters are exactly the same as to when connecting directly and manually set-up