Koodo Community
Question

VoLTE doesn't work even enabled

Hi

I enabled on the phone and on the self serve portal. the VoLTE still doesn’t work. I have another provide on the same phone and it is working fine. See photo below.

SIM1 - Koodo (not working)

SIM2 - FIDO (working without any issue)

This topic has been closed for comments

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you tried restarting your phone?

This may help resolve the problem. If not, try resetting your phone’s network settings.

Tried many times with no luck. Might be Koodo needs to do something on their end. Activate the volte on my profile? I don't know. Fido works fine on the same phone. See photo. IMEI needed might be, I don't know

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Do you see the VoLTE add-on in your Self Serve account?

Yes. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Technically, the Realme phone is not supported by Koodo for VoLTE or Wi-Fi calling. Can you post a screenshot of your APN settings?

Fido also tell me the same thing but it works right away without any issues

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Everything with the APN appears to check out with the exception of the mvno type. The ‘mvno type’ should be set to GID. The ‘mvno value’ should auto-populate with an alphanumeric code.  If you’re not using the other APN’s (TELUS), delete them. Remember to save any edits made to the APN settings.

I’m not sure if this will resolve the VoLTE problem. Reading previous posts from earlier in the week, there appears to have been some problems with LTE affecting customers all over Canada, which may affect VoLTE/Wi-Fi Calling.

I checked,

On FIDO, it said IMS registered

On Koodo, it said IMS not registered

I think there is something to do with Koodo. Maybe they have to whitelist the IMEI. They seem to block all the BYOP devices. It is not fair

I switched MVNO type to GID but no luck. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You may have lucked out with Fido. It comes down to devices that are not sold by the carrier or are not officially sold in Canada. Provisioning a device with VoLTE/Wi-Fi Calling is generally not an issue when a BYOP is purchased directly from Apple, Google or Samsung, all of which are officially sold in Canada.

You can check if your phone is supported by visiting the TELUS VoLTE compatibility page and entering your phone’s IMEI number.

I put in freedom mobile sim card to replace Koodo sim card. My phone works with volte on both simcards at the same time. My best conclusion is Telus/ Koodo do something on their end and they want to make sure that they can sell their cellphone with or without contract to make money. Technology is not the limitation but the business model is.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It’s due to a lack of competition in this country, but I digress. Glad to hear VoLTE is working.

Only Kodoo doesn't seem (want) to work.

:<

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Fido is known to be more liberal for sure.

Try the workaround of updating your physical address using the Telus page I linked here: 

It may or may not work but is worth a try.

Tried. Koodo phone number doesn’t seem to work.

The second link is not working