Koodo Community
Question

Voicemail reset required?

• 27 November 2022
  • 10 replies

Just ported over yesterday from Virgin. My iphone fails with ‘1’ longpress or voicemail button. I read someone may have to reset my service. Anyone help me this? Cheers

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you restart your iPhone after porting from Virgin Mobile?

Yes, multiple times. Was able to dial my phone number to setup greeting etc...

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have flagged a rep to help you with this.

I have flagged a rep to help you with this.

Awesome thanks rikkster

Hello @mabbo! We have reset your voicemail, the new password is now your 10-digit phone number. 

Hello @mabbo! We have reset your voicemail, the new password is now your 10-digit phone number. 

Still not fully working. Can manually dial into voicemail using my number but when trying to access by the voicemail buton or 1 long press it says”Error performing request Unknown Error” on screen with large Dismiss showing?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello @mabbo! We have reset your voicemail, the new password is now your 10-digit phone number. 

Still not fully working. Can manually dial into voicemail using my number but when trying to access by the voicemail buton or 1 long press it says”Error performing request Unknown Error” on screen with large Dismiss showing?

Which area code would that be?

Looks like the voicemail access number was not programmed into your iPhone for some reason.

First, dial *#61# and press the call (phone) icon. This should display the voicemail access number if it was programmed into your phone.

Normally, it should display; Forwards to +1 7785804001 for example. Write this number down somewhere.

If the voicemail access number is absent, you may get an Unknown Error message or that the feature is disabled.

If there’s no voicemail access number present, dial the forwarding command: *61*7785804001*11*10# and press the call/phone icon. (I used area code 604 for this example).

On iPhones, the +1 automatically gets added. The last two digits (in bold) control the number of seconds or rings to voicemail. You can customize this using the guide below.

*61*7785804001*11*10# - currently set to 10 seconds. I believe the default is set to 30 seconds.

10 seconds = 3 - 4 rings to voicemail
20 seconds = 4 - 5 rings to voicemail
30 seconds = 5 - 6 rings to voicemail

I will provide a link to a list of voicemail access numbers that you can choose from if the area code is incorrect.

Dial *#61# to verify that the voicemail access number is programmed. Also, long-press the 1 key or tap Call Voicemail to make sure this works.

Which area code would that be?

Looks like the voicemail access number was not programmed into your iPhone for some reason.

First, dial *#61# and press the call (phone) icon. This should display the voicemail access number if it was programmed into your phone.

Normally, it should display; Forwards to +1 7785804001 for example. Write this number down somewhere.

If the voicemail access number is absent, you may get an Unknown Error message or that the feature is disabled.

If there’s no voicemail access number present, dial the forwarding command: *61*7785804001*11*10# and press the call/phone icon. (I used area code 604 for this example).

On iPhones, the +1 automatically gets added. The last two digits (in bold) control the number of seconds or rings to voicemail. You can customize this using the guide below.

*61*7785804001*11*10# - currently set to 10 seconds. I believe the default is set to 30 seconds.

10 seconds = 3 - 4 rings to voicemail
20 seconds = 4 - 5 rings to voicemail
30 seconds = 5 - 6 rings to voicemail

I will provide a link to a list of voicemail access numbers that you can choose from if the area code is incorrect.

Dial *#61# to verify that the voicemail access number is programmed. Also, long-press the 1 key or tap Call Voicemail to make sure this works.

So still not working. Following your instructions, voicemail number wasn’t present and was able to add it and verify using *#61# . It didn’t show the “+1” so added it to the voice access number. 

I tried reinserting sim and it will give me a voice message notification but fails when clicking. I’m not sure this was actually reset as I still had my first greeting recording and thought that would be wiped?

Think I need some back end resets as shouldn’t need to do this manually. Virgin VM worked great and just to clarify this is not visual voicemail I’m trying to use. Appreciate the asistance but I guess I’ll wait for my call back which might be returned by Xmas lol

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So still not working. Following your instructions, voicemail number wasn’t present and was able to add it and verify using *#61# . It didn’t show the “+1” so added it to the voice access number. 

I tried reinserting sim and it will give me a voice message notification but fails when clicking. I’m not sure this was actually reset as I still had my first greeting recording and thought that would be wiped?

Think I need some back end resets as shouldn’t need to do this manually. Virgin VM worked great and just to clarify this is not visual voicemail I’m trying to use. Appreciate the asistance but I guess I’ll wait for my call back which might be returned by Xmas lol

Appreciate the feedback. Perhaps another vm reset will do the trick. Agreed, the problem seems more in-depth. Keep us posted.

OK fixed it. I removed  sim and inserted into old pixel 2 xl and confirmed voicemail button etc worked. I removed above string entries from iphone using   #61#.  Restarted iphone. Re-inserted sim into iphone . Received text about switching off chat from android phone etc. Tried voicemail button and it worked.

Just in case this helps anyone.