Koodo Community
Solved

Voicemail: extended absence not working

• 29 September 2023
  • 10 replies

I activated Extended Absence with a custom greeting. It was working two months ago but it stopped working recently. Something changed on the carrier side.

Today I logged in to voicemail to try to deactivate and reactivate the extended absence. That appeared to be successful, but the standard greeting plays and not my custom extended absence greeting. Please fix this.

icon

Best answer by profpoly 31 October 2023, 00:11

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I wonder if your voicemail was reset somehow. 

Was the old greeting messages still there in your voicemail system. If you would like to have your own new extended greeting, can you re record in your voicemail?

Hi Koodo. This remains a problem. Please follow up.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

did you try re-recording your extended absence greeting?

No, the custom absence greeting is correct. It just never plays on answer.

I’m disappointed by Koodo’s disinterest in client support.

I’m disappointed by Koodo’s disinterest in client support.

Have you contacted Koodo? If so what did they say?

I had a callback with an agent a few weeks ago. They didn’t resolve the problem and never followed up.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I had a callback with an agent a few weeks ago. They didn’t resolve the problem and never followed up.

Let me flag a rep to help you out. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @profpoly 

We are sorry about this experience! 

We have sent you a PM so we can further assist, please check it our when you get the chance, thanks! 

Solved! Thanks to a Koodo agent, I found out that iPhone was causing the problem.

iOS 17 (released Sept 2023) has new feature called Live Voicemail, which intercepts unanswered calls and delivers a voicemail-like service directly from the phone. This interferes with the carrier Voicemail service.

Live Voicemail is enabled by default, unbeknownst to users like me. The solution was to turn it off under Settings / Phone / Live Voicemail.