Koodo Community
Question

Verifying My Info for New Activation

• 7 December 2023
  • 1 reply

I am from Ontario but currently living overseas. I am returning home to take up a new job and I am trying to sign up for a new service with Koodo.

I did the initial online process of picking my plan/phone etc and it was accepted/charged to my card.

I then got an email saying that the process is stalled as I need to schedule a callback to verify my information.

Koodo specifically says they won’t call an international number and I do not have a Canadian number as I have been overseas for a number of years.

I have tried emailing but received no response.

Can anyone let me know what info they might be trying to verify, how they do so, and if it would be possible to do so via email and/or authorize someone else (a family member residing in Canada) to verify information on my behalf?

Thanks!

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you a use Canadian address  and a Canadian credit card under your name to register for the account? As well, was the address of the credit card the same as your address on Koodo account? they probably want to make sure you are who you are. 

Unfortunately, Koodo didn't all international number and i don't think someone could represent you. You could get a Canadian number through Fongo or other voice ip service. You can as well try to chat with them via Facebook or X messaging, to see if they can help. Links are below at the bottom of the forum.