Koodo Community
Solved

Unable to use data

• 4 December 2021
  • 7 replies

I’m currently on a plan with 12GB data and 4G/LTE, etc. I have tried resetting my phone, resetting my network settings, re-inserting my SIM card, and gone through Koodo Assist twice now. I have requested callbacks twice, and in the midst of the initial agents transferring me through to someone who can help me with my tech issue (to the tech department), I got hung up on both times. 

I have now wasted 3 hours of my life.

I would like to know if anyone has had a similar network/data usage issue, as I am getting very frustrated. I have made sure all my settings for Data are on and I’ve tried resetting everything twice now. Nothing seems to work. 

Also, if there’s an email or a phone number I can call for customer service, it would be greatly appreciated if that can be provided. 

icon

Best answer by MilkyWay 5 December 2021, 19:13

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What kind of phone do you have? Has the data ever worked?

I have an iPhone 8 - I’ve always been able to use my data before. I just recently got a new SIM card because I moved back from Italy. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have an iPhone 8 - I’ve always been able to use my data before. I just recently got a new SIM card because I moved back from Italy. 

Have you tried restarting your iPhone?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

In addition to restarting your phone, did you check to make sure it has the correct APN settings? Otherwise, you need to configure it manually. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/setting-data-your-non-koodo-phone

Yes, as said in the initial post, I have tried restarting my iPhone. I also have the correct APN settings. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes, as said in the initial post, I have tried restarting my iPhone. I also have the correct APN settings. 

Can you post a screenshot of the APN settings?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Assuming the APN settings are correct, it is possible your SIM card may be defective. You can try taking it to your nearest Koodo store and see if they can provide you with a replacement SIM card.