Koodo Community
Question

Turning off next generation messaging without having access to my Android Phone.

• 25 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Just switched from Android A5 to IPhone SE because I could not charge my Android.   I received a text from Koodo telling me that I need to turn off next gen messaging on my Android but cannot access the Android because it will not charge.   I saw instructions on how to do this online via Google but the service said that I needed to contact Koodoo to have this done.   Can anybody assist here?

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you use the default message app (Samsung messages) or did you download and use google messages?

If it was the default then chat features wouldn’t have been able to be used as it wasn’t released for that app for that phone and that’s why you’re getting the error.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Just switched from Android A5 to IPhone SE because I could not charge my Android.   I received a text from Koodo telling me that I need to turn off next gen messaging on my Android but cannot access the Android because it will not charge.   I saw instructions on how to do this online via Google but the service said that I needed to contact Koodoo to have this done.   Can anybody assist here?

You can try to disable chat features off by visiting this link and putting in your phone number to verify. https://messages.google.com/disable-chat