Koodo Community
Question

Transferring Sim to Esim?

• 16 December 2022
  • 6 replies

Hello… Curious if anyone has ever try transferring their service plan with Koodo from sim to Esim? How did it go?

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What do you want to know? It doesn’t work on every phone, so make sure yours supports eSIM. Here is some more information: https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/esim-and-esim-vouchers

Like to know if my service plan will get changed if I use Esim because I want to take out my sim card and use Esim on my new phone

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Oh no, your plan definitely won’t change in the slightest. The only thing that would change is you swap your physical SIM for a virtual one. You won’t notice any difference otherwise.

Ok, that’s good to know, thanks … Though, I’m still curious if anyone has done what I want to do and it was done successfully without problems.  I mean I still can swap my sim and put it in the new phone, but if I know there won’t be problem with using Esim transfer I rather take the route instead, thanks

Userlevel 1

I have done it for all my lines. It is very easy and fully self service.

For some weird reason Koodo and Telus sell eSIMs in the form of plastic cards (unlike providers in other countries that make them available for free through their customer self service). They cost $10 and you have to buy them at a Koodo retail location. Call ahead to ensure they have some.

Then you log into Self Service and go to “Manage Plan and Add ons” where you can find “Change your SIM”. Just follow the steps on the screen and within a few minutes the switch will be done.

I have done it for all my lines. It is very easy and fully self service.

For some weird reason Koodo and Telus sell eSIMs in the form of plastic cards (unlike providers in other countries that make them available for free through their customer self service). They cost $10 and you have to buy them at a Koodo retail location. Call ahead to ensure they have some.

Then you log into Self Service and go to “Manage Plan and Add ons” where you can find “Change your SIM”. Just follow the steps on the screen and within a few minutes the switch will be done.

Thank you so much