Koodo Community
Solved

Text Messages can not be sent and/or slow delivery

• 27 June 2023
  • 11 replies

Myself and a number of people I text with are experiencing slow delivery time or a red box saying the message cannot be  sent.   Have to hit the resend button a couple of times to get it to send.  All phones are Android in the Samsung galaxy series.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there an issue with the system? 

icon

Best answer by Dinh 28 June 2023, 03:57

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you tried resetting your phone’s network settings?

Resetting your phone’s network settings sometimes clears up network glitches and does not erase any user data. For Samsung devices, go to Settings > General management > Tap Reset > Tap Reset network settings. Follow the prompts and check to see if this has resolved the issue.

Will try it now.  Thanks for the response and have a good day.

Having the same issues. It’s specifically for longer text messages. Short ones seem to go through but longer ones either go through in a couple days or never. I have reset multiple times. Running a Samsung S10e. Issue started in the past 2 weeks. Please advise. Am considering moving providers. Not being able to send text messages is a massive blow when I pay for it and end up resorting to whatsapp

For me, it is hit or miss if the message will go through.  There are period where it is working just fine and then it will not send or is slow for delivery.  Yesterday my granddaughter was supposed to text me when she got home at 4.  I called at 4:30 and she said she had texted.  Got the texts at 6:30.  

Was contacted by one of the Koodo community team members and he suggested for me to go into phone settings and  reset the network .  I have done it and will see if that fixes the problem.

My daughter and her family and  some of their contacts are also considering changing providers.

I like Koodo and hope to get this worked out.

Reset the phone and sent a series of messages.

One message contained a picture and details text.  Contact received message and responded three minutes before I received the “message delivered” notification.

With another contact, we had a short conversation with small text messages and 15 minutes  later I get the notifications for the deliveries.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Reset the phone and sent a series of messages.

One message contained a picture and details text.  Contact received message and responded three minutes before I received the “message delivered” notification.

With another contact, we had a short conversation with small text messages and 15 minutes  later I get the notifications for the deliveries.

Did the issue happen to SMS or RCS? Could you try to turn off RCS if you used to see if it can help? https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/next-generation-messaging You could turn it back on later if you wanted to use it

Hi Dinh.  Will turn it off and try for a day or two and let you know how it goes.  Also had two of my contacts turn it off.  

Thank  you Dinh and Rikkster  for the assistance so far.

Turning off RCS has definitely improved the text messaging for me.

Thanks for the help

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Turning off RCS has definitely improved the text messaging for me.

Thanks for the help

It might be the reason for the glitch. As of now, you can turn it on again to see if it can work normally as it should.

Will give it a try, but it is nice to know that by turning it off that my text messages work again.

Again thanks for the help.

I have just started have issues with my iPhone SMS of the message showing not delivered but the person does actually receive it. Anyone else having the issue?