Koodo Community
Solved

Suspension restored but data still blocked

Due to late payment  my service was suspended and reinstated almost immediately yesterday, however my data is still not reactivated. I keep getting a message saying “there is a data block on your account”. I have tried to no avail to correct the issue. What is the reason for this?

icon

Best answer by Boa_Guy Koodo 5 April 2022, 19:04

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The data block is an addon (now $5), did you accidentally add that to your line perhaps? You can check self serve and see what add-ons you have enabled, and then remove the data block.

Hi Sophia, thanks for your reply but no that’s not the issue. I don’t have that addon to my account. That addon prevents data from being used when its not necessary.

I have 6 GB of date, less than 1 GB used during this current cycle and no way of accessing it. This is ridiculous. Koodo customer service is a bit of a joke.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Well once your line is reinstated, you shouldn’t have any issues with your data. So I guess we’ll need to troubleshoot some more, then we can flag a rep if necessary :) When and where do you get this message exactly?

When? Midday yesterday.  Where? The message appeared on my screen while at work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You’re funny ^_^

I guess with that amount of detailed information that you just provided, your best bet is to contact Koodo directly and see what the issue is, haha. Good luck in getting it resolved!

Very helpful, thanks. Wasn’t trying to be funny, but “when and where”?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Oh I’m sorry…. I really thought you were being funny (at least to me, it was funny, but then perhaps I have a warped sense of humor. Like teling the doctor “I got hurt” Doctor: “where?” You: “on 3rd St”).

You know it really does sound like you got some data block on your account .I will flag a rep to see if they can help you out here in the community. Again apologies, it’s hard to communicate through written text sometimes 😄

All good, and thanks sincerely. Ive never even heard of a “data block” and all searches point to what you refer to in the add-ons, but upon inspection of my account no add-on has been well, added on ;P

It really seems that the disruption occurred simultaneously with the temporary service suspension, but after paying the account in full, only the talk and text service was reinstated and not the data. Very frustrating.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Great :) Once a rep comes along, I hope they’ll be able to get to the bottom of this :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there, @thebelfastchild!  Do all 4 numbers on your account suffer from the same issue? Can you please make sure that you don’t have the data blocked on your devices, restart your device and try to access data. We have checked your account, refreshed the switch, so you should be able to use it. Please let us know. :) 

still not working :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Sorry to hear that!  We are happy to see that you are currently in touch with a level 2 tech support agent.  Hope that everything will be resolved for you. :) 

Level 2 Tech Support was able to correct the mistake. As suspected data was not reinstated at the provider end for some reason. All is well. 

Now to remember my wifi passwords :(