Koodo Community
Question

SMS Not Working

• 23 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I transferred my number from a different provider to Koodo about a week ago. I received and replied to the text message for the port request. Unfortunately, my text messages are not working; I can’t send or receive them. Phone calls and data are working fine though. Has anyone encountered this issue and is there a solution?

Thanks!

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi there,

That is a bit of an odd issues. When you accepted the text message and after the Koodo SIM card was put in did you turn off the phone and on again (sounds simple but is a required step when switching as it can cause problems) If you did this and it still persists, try resetting your phones network settings and see if this helps. It tends to solve a lot of issues. Let me know if either works 🙂👍

Hi,

Thanks for the reply! I did restart the phone and tried resetting the network settings. I’ve also changed the SIM card and tried 3 different phones. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi,

Thanks for the reply! I did restart the phone and tried resetting the network settings. I’ve also changed the SIM card and tried 3 different phones. 

Hmm in that case it sounds as if there may have been an error with the port. I suggest you setup a callback through self serve and talk to a rep about checking the port status. Sometimes, even when they successfully go through, there can be issues with ports that can take even up to a week to fully resolve. The extra steps I would have recommended would be to do as you have, as this means it is narrowed down that the phone, SIM card, and settings likely are not the issue considering how you have checked them all, which just leaves Koodo and the ported phone number. If the rep cannot resolve the issue they can call the technical department who can look into the port and submit a repair request. I hope this information is useful, sorry I don’t have much else for you