Koodo Community
Question

SIM card

I bought an I phone 11 from Koodo online. A rep called and he told me to go into self serve and change my SIM card number. I did. Our call was disconnected and now I cannot call out or receive calls. I can not request a call back because my phone doesn’t work. I messaged on facebook but there is no answer. Koodo assist is of no help. I did shut my phone off. I do not have airplane mode on. I am connected to my wifi. Please help. 

This topic has been closed for comments

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you receive an email that confirm your SIM was changed?

Can you check your self serve and make sure you put right number?

Can you power cycle your phone?

No, I did not receive an email that my SIM was changed. I will check that it is the right number thanks. Is power cycling my phone mean i shut down my phone? Yes I did shut down both phones. 

Hi Mayumi, I checked the Sim was the right number. I shut down both phones. Do you have any other suggestions? I can message and facetime but I can’t call out or receive calls. I get a message that says failed call. thanks Lori 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Do you mean you can send and receive texts?  ( Not iMessage?)

Yes, power cycle as you turn off the phone and turn it on again.

And I assume you upgrade your phone, correct?  If you can access to your old phone, then can you try your new SIM on your old phone?

BTW, if it was an upgrade, then you could simply take a SIM from your old phone and put it to your new phone. I don't understand why a rep told you to update your SIM...

Userlevel 4

Hi Mayumi, I checked the Sim was the right number. I shut down both phones. Do you have any other suggestions? I can message and facetime but I can’t call out or receive calls. I get a message that says failed call. thanks Lori 

Did you check SIM number here under mobile service?

btw, You can always download textnow app to get a temporary number to receive calls from Koodo support.

Yes , I upgraded from an I phone 6 to an I phone 11. I bought used at Koodo online.  can send texts and receive texts. My husband just opened the new phone and he said there was no sim card in it.  He rep looked at my contract and he said I had a new sim card for my new phone. That is why he said to change it.  So if I take my old sim card out of my old iphone 6 and put it in my new phone I would have to change my sim card number again I assume? Thanks Lori 

My husband took the old sim card and put it in the new phone. It doesn't work.  I shut both phones down again. 

yes I checked the information on sim cards on the koodo website. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes , I upgraded from an I phone 6 to an I phone 11. I bought used at Koodo online.  can send texts and receive texts. My husband just opened the new phone and he said there was no sim card in it.  He rep looked at my contract and he said I had a new sim card for my new phone. That is why he said to change it.  So if I take my old sim card out of my old iphone 6 and put it in my new phone I would have to change my sim card number again I assume? Thanks Lori 

If the number was already switched to a new SIM, then you need to switch again.

But, before you do this, I want to confirm another thing. 

Did you receive a text message/ verification code from Koodo on your old phone?

Yes I received a text message verification code from Koodo on my old phone. 

Lori 

I put my old sim card in my new phone. I still can’t call out or receive calls. call failed. 

okay, I put my old sim card in my phone and changed my sim number. I did receive a verification via email. Now I will wait to see if it works. Thanks so much for all your help. My contact and my rep said i had a new sim card so we changed the sim number. But… there was no sim card in my new phone. Jez. 

It works! thank you !