Koodo Community
Question

reuse of esim voucher

• 1 March 2023
  • 4 replies

has anyone used an esim voucher to activate on a phone and then later used the same voucher/QR code to activate a 2nd phone ( while deactivating 1st phone)?  I’m wondering if the voucher is a one time only (at $20 a voucher) or can be reused to move between phones in the same way a physical sim card can be moved between phones?

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No, the voucher is not reusable. 

You could try to transfer esim if you are using an iPhone https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT212780 

a related question can physical sim cards be reused?  The self serve allows you to update to a new sim card which deactivates the old one - but later can you then use self serve to change back to the previous sim card?  Or once deactivated is it dead?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You used to be able to reactivate your old SIM card on the same account within 90 days. I don't know if this still works though, so YMMV.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

a related question can physical sim cards be reused?  The self serve allows you to update to a new sim card which deactivates the old one - but later can you then use self serve to change back to the previous sim card?  Or once deactivated is it dead?

Koodo had a hidden trick for physical SIM actually. You could reactivate it on the same number. I think you would be able to do that within 30 days or more (I am not sure) of deactivation with your selfserve. They never mentioned anything in their official policy though.