Koodo Community
Question

RCS Chats - Trying to verify phone number...

• 29 November 2023
  • 8 replies

Good evening,

I am trying to active RCS chats on my Pixel 7 but that status continues to say: Setting Up - Trying to verify number.

I tried to troubleshoot however I am unable to find the option that sends me a verification code.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Good evening

RCS activation doesn’t require activation code though. https://support.google.com/messages/answer/7189714?hl=en

Are you new Koodo customer? have your number transfer been complete yet?

I have been facing the same problem since I ported from prepaid to postpaid with koodo. Has this been resolved for anyone ? 

I just ported to Koodo and have the same problem as well. The Status: Setting up... Trying to verify your phone number.  Anyone knows know to fix this? Thanks. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I just ported to Koodo and have the same problem as well. The Status: Setting up... Trying to verify your phone number.  Anyone knows know to fix this? Thanks. 

Is your number transfer complete?. As well try to reset network settings of the phone to see if that can help

Is your number transfer complete?. As well try to reset network settings of the phone to see if that can help

Transfer was completed.  I can make calls and receive calls.  I have also tried resetting network settings but it is not helping. 😞

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Transfer was completed.  I can make calls and receive calls.  I have also tried resetting network settings but it is not helping. 😞

Can you turn RCS off and on again to see if that can help? you mentioned call and data. Is your SMS working?

Can you turn RCS off and on again to see if that can help? you mentioned call and data. Is your SMS working?

I did try turning off and on (many times) but still RCS is still not activated.  SMS is working properly too. 🤦🏻

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I did try turning off and on (many times) but still RCS is still not activated.  SMS is working properly too. 🤦🏻

I think your number transfer has issue. Are you using google message or Samsung messaging app? Try to remove and reinstall Google Messages app. If that doesn’t work, you will have to contact Koodo directly and ask a rep to look into it