Koodo Community
Question

PS Portal

• 25 November 2023
  • 9 replies

I'm unable to connect my PS Portal to my PS5 via my Koodo Mobile Hotspot. Has anyone else had this issue and solved it? 

The device works fine on traditional WiFi and other networks.

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Was the device able to connect to the internet? and was there any error showing up when you tried to connect?

Yes it can connect to the internet and receive updates but when it tries to connect to the PlayStation it cannot connect.

No error code, it just says "Something went wrong. Dismiss or Try again.

If on my home wifi it will connect flawlessly

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes it can connect to the internet and receive updates but when it tries to connect to the PlayStation it cannot connect.

No error code, it just says "Something went wrong. Dismiss or Try again.

If on my home wifi it will connect flawlessly

Can you log out completely of all device and reconnect while on Koodo mobile hotspot? I wonder if the phone itself had some firewalls or something that block the login. Also, try to contact PlayStation forum and see if they can have some better advices.

I've reached out to PlayStation as well, apparently it works for people on Bell and Rogers but not Koodo. They say it's the network blocking the streaming.

I'll try logging out and in again anyways.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I've reached out to PlayStation as well, apparently it works for people on Bell and Rogers but not Koodo. They say it's the network blocking the streaming.

I'll try logging out and in again anyways.

You could try to schedule a call back and ask for technical support and raise the issue. 

As well, try to put the SIM in another device like tablet or something else to see if that can change anything.

I spoke to an in store Koodo rep yesterday and he believes that the network is blocking UDP services via hotspot. I've reached out for a call back from Koodo to verify this.

I had the same issue with Koodo/telus. Were you able to solve the issue ?

I was not. Koodo says it's a PSN thing and Sony says it's a Koodo thing. Let me know if you have any success.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Not sure if this helps at all but I am able to use ps remote play through my phone on data no problem.

To my knowledge the ps portal is more or less just an android tablet running the remote play software so it would be weird that it’s blocked but the app on mobile isn’t.