Koodo Community
Solved

Problems with Apartment Acess Phone Call

• 25 August 2023
  • 8 replies

Hello Team,

The apartment where I live has this phone access where one can punch in a unit number and it would dial to my phone. 
Then I’ll pick up the call, able to talk to the caller, and if i wish to open the front door for them to get it (friends, delivery driver), then I press button 9 on the keypads. 

It worked once before during the demonstration, but now it doesn’t. The apartment manager said it could be something to do with the phone provider, and i should contact to get a reset or something.

please advise. 

thank you. 
Khiem.

icon

Best answer by Goran 25 August 2023, 03:21

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you like, I can flag a rep to see if there's anything to be done on Koodo’s end. I've only really seen issues with the wireless home phone lines so this is surprising to hear now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So it worked before and now it didn’t? when you said it didn’t work, you meant pressing 9 didn’t open the door or you had zero notification at all?

Did you know the number that they use to call you when the buzzer number was entered? make sure that number wasn’t blocked in your phone.

Hi Goran. Yes please. Just curious, How can i flag the message myself? Or you’re the moderator of this community?

So it worked before and now it didn’t? when you said it didn’t work, you meant pressing 9 didn’t open the door or you had zero notification at all?

Did you know the number that they use to call you when the buzzer number was entered? make sure that number wasn’t blocked in your phone.

I pressed 9 and it didn’t work yes. I still received the call. Still hear the conversation. But when I pressed 9 to unlock the door, it didn’t work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have flagged a rep to assist you. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can “@” people specifically but someone who is a “mobile master”here can specifically flag Koodo reps if assistance is needed. There are also reps here in general.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Khiem Ngo 

Have you tried to reset the network settings on your device or even try the sim card on a different phone?

Hi @Khiem Ngo 

Have you tried to reset the network settings on your device or even try the sim card on a different phone?

Tried reset the network settings and it works now. Thanks. 

On a side note, I called to book an appointment earlier today, and when I pressed a number to select an option (#2, in this case), it does not register to the system, even though it does show up in my phone that i pressed it. 

So it seems like the problem with the whole keyboard input, not just number 9 specifically. Happened to 2 different place, so the problem must be from my own phone. 

Reset the phone + the network setting as suggested. And all good now.