Koodo Community
Question

Pre-Paid to Monthly Switch Problem

• 11 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Recently I purchased a new sim card to switch from a Koodo pre-paid account  to Koodo monthly.  I was told to wait to receive the new Sim and then follow instructions sent by email to set up the new account so that I could keep my old phone number.  I followed the directions and the new account is working, I can see my usage on the self serve site, I can call in and out, receive texts, etc.  However, it is a new phone number and my old phone number does not work.  Does anyone know if I probably missed a step to transfer the number properly and if so is there a way for me to correct this.  It is an iphone, I attempted to manually enter the correct phone number but the phone automatically reverts to the new phone number that was provided with the new Sim.  Help?

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you got it resolved yet?

Porting from prepaid to postpaid within Koodo is not the same as porting from another carrier. You would need to schedule call back from a rep. Go to Koodo Assist and type #PortHelp.

More here https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/moving-your-number-koodo

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Recently I purchased a new sim card to switch from a Koodo pre-paid account  to Koodo monthly.  I was told to wait to receive the new Sim and then follow instructions sent by email to set up the new account so that I could keep my old phone number.  I followed the directions and the new account is working, I can see my usage on the self serve site, I can call in and out, receive texts, etc.  However, it is a new phone number and my old phone number does not work.  Does anyone know if I probably missed a step to transfer the number properly and if so is there a way for me to correct this.  It is an iphone, I attempted to manually enter the correct phone number but the phone automatically reverts to the new phone number that was provided with the new Sim.  Help?

Did you put in your number for the port transfer on your Self-Serve account?