Koodo Community
Solved

p30 wifi connected, no internet

Userlevel 1

ive tried factory resetting my router, other devices in the home stable on wifi. 
tried resetting/powering off phone. reset network settings.
i saw advice to reset the cache partition but thats not an option on the phone when i get to recovery mode.
does anyone have any advice on how to fix this? trying to do every and all option before factory reset of the phone

icon

Best answer by rikkster 5 October 2021, 16:13

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

14 replies

Having the same issue with P30 and a P20 pro all my other devices are working fine. I get nothing via wifi OR trying to access web via data and nothing is working… Again laptops TV and tablets are fine. Only items that run off Koodo...I did the same things as you and nothing worked. I also reset the cache partition (you need to choose the “clear data” option and then you will see clear cache partition as a choice. But that did not work

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Is this a recent issue? Has anything changed between it last working and now not working?

I will point out that Facebook's suite of apps are currently down so things like Facebook, Instagram and Whatsapp will not properly load right now.

Started this afternoon was fine all morning in my case

Hi, I’m having the same problem. My P20 is connected but has no access, laptop is working fine. It seems some of my apps can access the internet, like chrome searches worked fine but the majority of things, mainly messaging apps don’t work at all right now.

Could this be related to the most recent system update?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

mainly messaging apps don’t work at all right now.

Things like Whatsapp and Messenger?

All of Facebooks suite is currently down including Facebook, Instagram, whatsapp, messenger, etc.

Things like Whatsapp and Messenger?

All of Facebooks suite is currently down including Facebook, Instagram, whatsapp, messenger, etc.

yep , just realised this. Thanks for the heads up! Looks like it’ll be back when this DoS situation is wrapped up

Userlevel 1

Im aware of the facebook suites being down but if i try to sync my email, itll say no connection. Or some websites with chrome, at the top will say "No internet connection" but connected to wifi. Just no internet. Hmm

I’m seeing the same issue. Can’t send or receive MMS. Can’t use mobile data at all it seems. But I can send and receive SMS just fine. I’m on a OnePlus 6

Userlevel 1

I’m seeing the same issue. Can’t send or receive MMS. Can’t use mobile data at all it seems. But I can send and receive SMS just fine. I’m on a OnePlus 6

Oh weird. My mobile data works and can send mms. 

I am in the same situation! My p30 pro won't connect to WiFi network. Ive tried multiple internet providers in different locations and still nothing. Starting to get frustrated as I am using up my data for things I need. 

Oh weird. My mobile data works and can send mms. 

My data also works and I can send MMS. 

Having the same issue, started this morning. I have the P30 lite.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you are using an OnePlus device, I recommend you check similar threads in the forum. The APN must be fixed for the phone to connect normally.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

For the Huawei P20 & P30 crowd, try turning off Private DNS. By default, this feature is set to auto and could cause conflicts with Wi-Fi connectivity.

Go to Settings > Network & internet > Advanced > Private DNS - tap OFF. There’s no mention of restarting your phone, so try this setting without a restart. If the problem persists with this new setting, restart your phone.

https://consumer.huawei.com/en/community/details/Tutorial-on-Private-DNS-Feature/topicId_3414/ - bottom of page - see heading Part4: Precautions. 

https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/03/26/make-android-use-dns-server-choice/ - bottom of page - mentions Private DNS and Wi-Fi connection issues.