Skip to main content
Solved

no text notification sound

• 27 June 2024
  • 4 replies

Why am I not receiving a sound notification when I receive a text msg..? All other sounds are coming in and all text sounds are enabled.. I check my phone and I have new text but the phone didn't notify me.. I get notification for email, calls, everything else, just not text and text sounds are on full blast..? Please help!!

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there,

what device are you currently using? And is it for every phone contact or just one that you’re not getting the text notification for? 

I just got a Samsung Galaxy S24 bought from Koodo and it's for all contacts!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

ok, so a couple of things to check.

1. do you have power saving mode turned on?

2. when you go to settings → Notifications → App Notifications, is your current messaging app of choice enabled / set to default messaging app?

3. Try resetting the app preferences and clearing the cache. for preferences: settings → Apps → more options (three dots in the right corner) and reset app preferences. For clearing the cache, Settings → Apps → tap on messaging app → storage → clear cache

Thank you so much! Clearing cache and phone data in both messaging apps fixed the problem! Was on the phone with the Koodo rep for over an hour trying different things nothing worked.. tried what u said and it fixed it immediately!

Thanks again,

Jey Dep