Koodo Community
Solved

No internet without WI-FI

• 16 February 2023
  • 13 replies

I have no internet without WI-FI. It worked fine for 3 years suddenly stopped  this month with no reason.  Usage for Feb 2023 is 0, my account is  in good standing there was no changes to my phone or account. Help!!!!

icon

Best answer by Dinh 16 February 2023, 03:14

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have no internet without WI-FI. It worked fine for 3 years suddenly stopped  this month with no reason.  Usage for Feb 2023 is 0, my account is  in good standing there was no changes to my phone or account. Help!!!!

What happens when you insert your SIM card in another device? Are you able to use your data?

i dont have another phone what else can i use

my phone works correctly i power it  off didn’t halep

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

my phone works correctly i power it  off didn’t halep

Which phone are you using? I assumed you turned on cellular data? 

Also, if you are using an Android phone, make sure your APN was set correctly as per this https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/setting-data-your-non-koodo-phone

yes data is on. in my APN   setting is sp.telus.com should i change to sp.koodo.com as per example/

other info is not set

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

yes data is on. in my APN   setting is sp.telus.com should i change to sp.koodo.com as per example/

other info is not set

Yes, sp.telus.com is not correct. Make sure it is Koodo and restart the iPhone.

when i made changes you suggested  i lost even WI-FI internet. Wend back to previous setting which is TELUS, Now Im back to  the original problem  WI-FI works d ata is not...

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

when i made changes you suggested  i lost even WI-FI internet. Wend back to previous setting which is TELUS, Now Im back to  the original problem  WI-FI works d ata is not...

WiFi is something different. If you set your phone to sp.telus.net, it only worked if you were a Telus customer.

Anyway, I recommend you keep the Koodo SIM in the phone and try to reset network settings of the phone to see if it work or not.

Have you also checked if your cellular data was on?

OK I created a new APN for KOODO now WIFI works but data still doesn’t.  there is also setting for PORT and Proxy in addition to MMSC port and proxy  they are not set . My phone is XAIOMI  Mi Note 10

MIUI Global 13.0.2 

Andreoid version 11 RKQ1.200826.002

SECURITY UPDATE 2022-08-01

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You made me confused. WiFi had nothing to do with your cellular data. Those are 2 different methods to access internet. 

If possible could you post a snapshot of your current APN here? (Hide all personal information before posting pls)

Also, which plan are you on, are you a prepaid or postpaid customer?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

OK I created a new APN for KOODO now WIFI works but data still doesn’t.  there is also setting for PORT and Proxy in addition to MMSC port and proxy  they are not set . My phone is XAIOMI  Mi Note 10

MIUI Global 13.0.2 

Andreoid version 11 RKQ1.200826.002

SECURITY UPDATE 2022-08-01

Did you just upgrade to Android 11 on your device?

It works now!!! Took some fiddling with APN and multiple reboots but - thanks is is a success!!!

I did the reset of APN  updated as per KOODO settings and reboot and voila all works now!!