Koodo Community
Question

My phone won't stop sending the same amber alert

• 3 January 2024
  • 3 replies

I have recieved the same amber alert for the whole day even if I acknowledged in multiple times. Anyone else having this problem?

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have recieved the same amber alert for the whole day even if I acknowledged in multiple times. Anyone else having this problem?

Have you tried this step? https://www.androidpolice.com/turn-off-amber-alerts/

Hi
Yes, I had disabled all settings for alert and cleaned my alert history but it was still happening. I had also rebooted my phone just in case and removed/reinserted the sim card.

In the end, I left my phone turned off for the night and for now, it seems to be okay.

Dunno what happened, I just hope it’s not something that will be a recurring problem.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi
Yes, I had disabled all settings for alert and cleaned my alert history but it was still happening. I had also rebooted my phone just in case and removed/reinserted the sim card.

In the end, I left my phone turned off for the night and for now, it seems to be okay.

Dunno what happened, I just hope it’s not something that will be a recurring problem.

For Canadian amber/Emergency alerts, you can’t turn it off.

Which phone was it? If you received multiple alert of the same content, there might be issue with the network settings. I would recommend you try to reset network settings of the phone to see if that can help.