Koodo Community
Question

My New Phone Got 14 Viruses in 3 months?

• 25 August 2023
  • 3 replies

I just got a new Android phone Samsung 13A, I’ve downloaded apps.  I’ve been trying to increase my income so I’ve been trying apps, some apps are brand new to the market.  I had a phone through Koodo for 5 years until May and never had a virus.  But wasn’t using as many apps before.  I have like a stock trading app, a few games that I enjoy and have gotten paid.  But what do I do?  If I clean it maybe it will do more damage.  

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

How did you know the app had virus? did you know what the app did to your phone? Did they know your credit card number or take money from you?

Anyway, you could delete the app out of your device if you didn’t like it. Another way is to reset the phone to its factory default (you will lose all data on the phone, make sure you had a backup of important files somewhere before doing so).

No nobody has stolen my visa.  But everyone does business on their phone now a days and I think it’s going to increase.  I’m a game and app tester that’s what I do as a job and I need the income.  I also have investment accounts.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No nobody has stolen my visa.  But everyone does business on their phone now a days and I think it’s going to increase.  I’m a game and app tester that’s what I do as a job and I need the income.  I also have investment accounts.

I am not sure what you would like to do. If you need to test the app, then you already knew the risk of being exposed to troubled apps. If you have to do so, I recommend you do it on a device that you didn't have banking account or important email on it. It is your choice though.