Koodo Community
Solved

Mobile Data not working at all

• 22 December 2021
  • 5 replies

Hello,

I have had mobile data on written on my plan for the past couple of months, and since then I still wasn’t able to use any of my data. And just trying now, nothing loads at all. The only website that loads with mobile data is koodomobile.com. 

I have already turned off and turned on my phone, as well as reset the network settings, several times over the past 3 months to no avail. No apps, nor websites load, (except  koodomobile.com).

This is on iPhone 12. And APN is already set to sp.koodo.com under Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Network

icon

Best answer by rikkster 22 December 2021, 05:38

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Do you have a data block add-on enabled in your self-serve account?

Yes I do have the data block add-on enabled, but that’s only if I exceed my data for the billing cycle, no?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes I do have the data block add-on enabled, but that’s only if I exceed my data for the billing cycle, no?

No. The data block prevents the use of data when sending picture messages or MMS messages. This is why you are not able to access data. You should be able to remove this add-on from your self serve account. After removing the add-on, restart your iPhone 12. If you’re not able to remove the data block add-on, a rep will have to do it for you. 

Ahh so it prevents the use of data for pictures or MMS messages? Why is that affecting all other mobile usage from all my apps, and websites on Safari? (except  koodomobile.com)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Ahh so it prevents the use of data for pictures or MMS messages? Why is that affecting all other mobile usage from all my apps, and websites on Safari? (except  koodomobile.com)

Since sending a picture message requires data to be turned on, this provides an open data source that other apps and services might take advantage of. While the data used to send a picture message is not chargeable to you, it’s the background data usage that is chargeable to you.

The data block completely eliminates data so that picture messages can be sent without incurring any data usage charges. The downside is that mobile data is not available to apps, browsers, services, etc.

There are a number of ways to greatly minimize data leakage without a data block.