Koodo Community
Solved

LG G8X ThinQ can't connect to 2009 Ford Focus??

• 9 July 2023
  • 4 replies

I have a trip that’s going to take about 2 days to drive, I want to connect my phone to my car to listen to my music, it’s an older car.. 2009 Ford Focus 4 Door Sedan.. the car HAS Bluetooth, the car CAN connect to phones and devices, I can’t for the love of god get my phone to connect though. The car has a SYNC system with it’s Bluetooth where it gives a PIN and I’m supposed to find the Car/Device on my phone in the Bluetooth search and input the PIN, but my phone WON’T pick up the car’s Bluetooth Signal.

Is my phone just too new for this car? As far as I can see, my phone doesn’t have the SYNC function, but I’m also not very tech savvy at all..

Anyone help? Google isn’t helping. 

icon

Best answer by Dinh 9 July 2023, 10:18

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I think you the process to add the phone to the car might not be followed correctly from your description. From this https://www.keyscalesford.com/ford-sync-setup.html it involved several extra steps including going into the Ford Sync and try to add the phone.

I think you the process to add the phone to the car might not be followed correctly from your description. From this https://www.keyscalesford.com/ford-sync-setup.html it involved several extra steps including going into the Ford Sync and try to add the phone.

I’ve done that, the car then tells me a PIN and says to find my car on my phone’s bluetooth search, but it doesn’t show up. I’ve watched videos. I’ve googled but can't find any topics specific to my exact phone and car so thought I’d see if anyone here has had the same issue. My phone’s Bluetooth is on, and the Bluetooth in the car is on. I’ve gone through the steps in the car dashboard, the car can’t seem to find my phone, and my phone can’t find my car. All I get are random devices that are near me like other people’s phones or computers etc.. 

Step 6. on your link, (Locate your phone’s Bluetooth menu and select “Ford SYNC”) is the step that isn’t working for me - and I’m not sure why.

My phone can connect to things at home so I don’t think it’s my phone, but the car is a 2009 model, so wasn’t sure if maybe my phone is too advanced or something haha even though by todays standards my phone is at least 3 years old now lol.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Bluetooth technology has existed for a while. I don’t think 2009 model was the issue unless there was a hardware/firmware issue. 

The Bluetooth settings of the LG should be in Settings » connected devices » Bluetooth. Can you go there to see if there was any connected device to the phone? As well, you could check the Bluetooth list of the car to see if there is no other Bluetooth device connected to it. ?
As well, was the 2 devices ever worked together in the past? If it did,  make sure you remove the previous instance of the Bluetooth connection before adding the new one

After a lot of resetting the phone, and turning Bluetooth on/off on my phone, my car finally popped up in the Bluetooh settings. Funny thing is, it was all in vain, as all that did was connect the phone function to the car 😅 ( dial phone, receive texts through my car etc ) Turns out all I needed for what I had planned ( just wanted to play music off Spotify/YouTube/music folder etc  ) was an AUX cord for the car jack lmao 😂😓 I always just listen to the radio when I drive, so never had a need to connect my phone to my car till now.

In other cars I’ve been in, usually just connect my phone through the USB and the car always just reads it and plays things off my phone no problem, those were newer cars though. Thanks for the help though! I consider this question answered. 👍