Koodo Community
Question

kicking me off koodo network

• 14 September 2023
  • 7 replies

My phone keeps getting kicked off kooko network. Bill is paid, bought new sim card. I did all the trouble shooting things. 

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you explain more what do you mean by getting kicked out? 

It keeps saying no network and tries to find me a network. But I'm a koodoo contact.  It's been about a week now .so I can't make phone calls or receive them or texts messages . I can't send or recieve them. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It keeps saying no network and tries to find me a network. But I'm a koodoo contact.  It's been about a week now .so I can't make phone calls or receive them or texts messages . I can't send or recieve them. 

Which phone model are you using? Was it compatible with Koodo network? As well, did it work in the same area previously?

I assumed you were in an area where you had Koodo cellular signal coverage?

I bought it from koodo kiosk 

And yes I was just at home where it started not working. I have been on koodo for more than a year and so this is just weird. My daughters phone works fine she's under my contract. I pay 15$ a month on top of my  phone bill to cover warranty for this type of thing but no one seems to be able to help me. So I'm switching providers tomorrow if they don't give me a new phone since I have warranty still. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I bought it from koodo kiosk 

And yes I was just at home where it started not working. I have been on koodo for more than a year and so this is just weird. My daughters phone works fine she's under my contract. I pay 15$ a month on top of my  phone bill to cover warranty for this type of thing but no one seems to be able to help me. So I'm switching providers tomorrow if they don't give me a new phone since I have warranty still. 

It would be helpful if you know the phone model. I recommend you reset network settings of the phone to see if that can help. If it worked before, there could be issue with the phone settings.

If you are at home, you could also try to enable wifi calling. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/wifi-calling if your phone is compatible.

did you have a Tab balance with Koodo? If you did and If you move to another carrier before the 24months period, you might have to pay significant amount for the phone.

I did all those things. I have 295$ left on this phone. I have this phone under warranty Just annoying that no one will take the tine to look. Up my warranty and see that I qualify for a new replacement phone. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I did all those things. I have 295$ left on this phone. I have this phone under warranty Just annoying that no one will take the tine to look. Up my warranty and see that I qualify for a new replacement phone. 

Well make sure you check your service agreement about the Tab bonus https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/Tab-bonus That might be another amount that you could have to pay if you cancel.

The warranty was for hardware. If you think your phone had hard ware issue, you could check in with Koodo to replace it.

I recommend you try the SIM card of your daughter in your phone and your SIM in her phone to see if the issue was from the phone or the SIM.