Koodo Community
Solved

Is there any limitations on tethering when i share my mobile internet with my notebook?

• 14 February 2024
  • 1 reply

My idea was to share mobile data with home notebook. Is there any limitations by Koodo on tethering? Does anyone have a positive experience in using Hot Spot? Are you able to watch movies on your notebook with this setup?
Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Oliver C 14 February 2024, 22:12

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi there,

you can use your mobile hotspot on a notebook, I actually do that every day as my university has horrible wifi and hot spotting is MUCH better lol. The only limitation you really have depends on the signal your phone receives. Similar to regular data experience, if you live in an area or are in a spot with bad cellular connectivity, your phone will receive data at a slower rate and your device your tethered with will experience buffering etc, though Koodo has pretty great connectivity in my experience and I haven’t had any issues. Just keep in mind that it does eat through your data when watching videos and drains your phones battery a fair bit, so just be mindful of how much you use, especially when watching movies. I hope this helps 🙂👍