Koodo Community
Solved

iphone spinning network activity on home screen

• 30 November 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi all,

since migrating from Telus (keeping same SIM), I’ve had regular spinning network activity next to the wifi icon. Only on the Home Screen. This isn’t normal for my phone. If I go to any other page it goes away and come back when I’m at the Home Screen. I tried resetting network settings and hard reboot.  Both helped but the problem comes back. I’m thinking I may need a new SIM after all or maybe take the SIM out and put back etc. not sure what to do. Does Koodo have tech support ?

icon

Best answer by rikkster 30 November 2021, 15:26

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Which iPhone do you have?

One fix is to enable Siri and interact with it. If Siri is disabled, go to Settings - tap Siri & Search. Make sure the toggle switches for  Listen for “Hey Siri”, Press Side Button for Siri and Allow Siri When Locked are all set to the on position. If using an iPhone X or later, press and hold the power button for a second or two and ask Siri about the weather, for example. 

If that doesn’t work, there are a few other tips to try in the link below.

https://macreports.com/constant-spinning-wheel-in-the-status-bar-on-iphone-issue-fix/

Thanks rikkster, I’m using an iphone 8.  I will try the Siri thing. Most of the other options in the article I have already tried.