Koodo Community
Solved

Incoming text not received while traveling internationally

• 15 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi Koodo community! I am traveling abroad (Kolkata, India), which is covered by the carrier Aircel, according to Koodo coverage map. I, however, am not getting any texts to my number, although I kept the "roaming" button on for the Koodo SIM. I do not want to be charged for EasyRoam as I do not need to make calls or send texts, therefore I did not add EasyRoam services. I just need the texts to come in for verifying my digital profiles, like 2 step verifications on certain bank accounts, emails, etc.  What can do to make sure that the incoming text service keeps functioning while I travel without being charged $1800 per month for EasyRoam?

icon

Best answer by Dinh 15 November 2023, 09:23

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

One of the provision for receiving SMS is you must roam to let the Koodo SIM to connect to a foreign network.  If you don’t connect, you won’t receive any SMS.

Regarding roaming and how to avoid accidental charge. please check out this link

Thanks for the article, Dihn, and for your prompt reply! If I understand correctly, I just need to turn my roaming ON for the Koodo SIM, to connect to the local carrier, right? I already did that with the ‘Autoselect’ on for choosing carrier by the phone. But still not receiving the texts. Is there anything else I need to do additionally? Thank you!

Also, I did not receive any welcoming text from Koodo when I landed here, which is something mentioned as a norm in the tutorial article.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks for the article, Dihn, and for your prompt reply! If I understand correctly, I just need to turn my roaming ON for the Koodo SIM, to connect to the local carrier, right? I already did that with the ‘Autoselect’ on for choosing carrier by the phone. But still not receiving the texts. Is there anything else I need to do additionally? Thank you!

No, don't turn on data roaming. You need to keep both data roaming and cellular data to OFF if you didn't want to be charged with cellular data usage.

You need to enable “roaming” in selfserve. You can follow the guide below. If you don't want to use easyroam, there is also another option in the link

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/easy-roam

Thank you so much, Dinh!! That worked like a charm! All my messages came in after turning on the two services and restarting my phone. Great advise! I really appreciate your timely response!