Koodo Community
Question

Incoming calls from Telus going straight to voicemail

• 8 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello:  It seems only my Telus phone calls (from support agents), go straight to my voicemail.  All other incoming phone calls work just fine.  I have unblocked ALL phone numbers that start with the prefix of 1-866, as those are the prefix numbers for all of Telus’ outgoing calls.  After I unblocked those numbers, the Telus agent I was chatting with, attempted to call me again, and it once again went directly to voicemail.  Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you confirm what number they’d be calling from in case it wasn’t an 866 number?

As well, do you have any sort of setting like do not disturb, or block unknown callers on?

Hello Allan:  Thanks for responding.  The Telus agent did confirm that all of their outgoing calls are an 866 number.

That was a great suggestion about do not disturb and block unknown callers.  I checked my settings and neither one is turned on.

It is weird to me that this only affects Telus phoning me.  I haven’t noticed it with any other phone call that I has called me.