Koodo Community
Question

How to turn off 5g and use 4g

• 30 June 2023
  • 8 replies

How do I turn off 5g and use 4g on my Samsung S20 FE 5G?  I followed the instructions but when I get to Network mode I don’t have the option of selecting 4g.  There are other options which I don’t understand.

Thanks

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Frisko 

You should find Network mode under Settings →  Connections→ Mobile Networks and select from there auto connect for 4G/3G/2G.

Hi Flo Koodo,

This is what I did but I don't have this option. See picture…

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Lte/wcdma/gsm are 4g/3g/2g technologies. You're with Koodo, which doesn't have 5G atm. I'm surprised that it isn't giving you the option for 5G anyways. I checked my S22 ultra and the top includes “5G/LTE/WCDMA/GSM” auto connect as an option.

Hi Goran,

Thanks for the info...should I contact Koodo? Is it something that can be fixed?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What exactly is it that you'd like fixed? You wanted to turn 5G off and it is, indeed, off.

How do I know it's turned off? It doesn't show anything. It shows LTE/WCDMA/GSM/autoconnect.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Because the setting on your phone says it is set to use LTE (4G), WCDMA (3G) and GSM (2G). 5G is not even listed as an option. All of which seems moot since, as stated previously, Koodo does not even offer 5G service at the moment, and have not indicated that they have any plans to do so in the near future.

Hi Timo Tuokkola, Thank you for the info! Greatly appreciated...have a nice weekend 🙂