Koodo Community
Solved

have new phone and have no wifi calling on A8

• 6 November 2022
  • 8 replies

I just switched my sim to a Galaxy A8 and it doesn’t show the wifi calling option in phone settings?? Anybody else have this issue?

icon

Best answer by Boa_Guy Koodo 8 November 2022, 13:48

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Do you have a postpaid or prepaid account?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you're prepaid, it's not currently provisioned for prepaid customers. It will be done at some point.

Are you currently connected to a WiFi network when you try?

i had the wifi option in phone settings on my old samsung phone. (i pay monthly with koodo). So why wouldn’t this A8 Samsung not have the option? I’m so confused. It must be the actual phone. i guess i’ll download an app for calling.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you checked your Self Serve account to see if you have the Koodo VoLTE Access add-on?

It should be located in Mobile Services > Manage Add-ons > My Add-ons. If the VoLTE add-on is present, then Wi-Fi Calling should work. The VoLTE add-on adds Wi-Fi Calling automatically.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I got the Samsung a8 and can confirm that wifi calling can work on that model. Was the phone originally from Koodo or was it from another carrier?

Besides the volte access addon as Rickster mentioned, could you check the specific model in settings - about phone? Was it SM-A530W?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there @Kirpop ! We looked into your account and saw that you had VoLTE on one of your lines already,  and removed it from the one ending by *8701, today! You can add it back whenever you wish. 

Let us know if you run into any issues. 

Cheers, 

i can’t see the volte add on option anymore. I’m having a heck of a time setting up this old (new to me) phone OMG. I added it from my self serve ‘manage add on’s” not sure whats happened

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there, @Kirpop .  We see that you removed the VoLTE add-on from both of your lines yesterday, in Self serve.  You will need to add them back and activate them on your devices. 

How to activate LTE on your mobile device:

Settings > Connections > Mobile networks > Network mode > Select LTE/WCDMA/GSM (auto connect)