Koodo Community
Solved

Galaxy S20 SMS Messages (Google) error “Tap to download”, “Not delivered yet, tap for options”, "Message delivers when xxx is online..."

• 3 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Galaxy S20 using Google Messages app is regularly failing to send & receive SMS / text messages. When trying to send “Not delivered yet, tap for options” appears and “Message delivers when xxx is online...”, which makes no sense. My phone should send it now and the recipient can get it whenever they’re ready. It’s not my problem when they’re online. Also gives “Tap to download” instead of simply downloading my SMS messages sent to me. Tapping does not download the message. Sometimes restarting the phone will relieve the constipation. This problem only seems to happen on WiFi calling. I don’t know if it’s the phone, the app, or KoodoMobile. Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Dinh 3 June 2023, 09:36

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you saw the message, you might be using RCS and not SMS. RCS is different from normal sms. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/next-generation-messaging

If you are not comfortable with it, I recommend you turn it off

Thank you Dinh, you nailed it. I spoke with a Koodo agent and she confirmed that WiFi calling doesn’t work well with the new RCS chats feature. When I turned RCS off and went back to SMS / MMS it appears to have resolved the problem.