Koodo Community
Question

Galaxy A54, phone calls suddenly not working

• 15 January 2024
  • 6 replies

Last week I suddenly stopped being able to answer and make phone calls. I would pick up a call and there was just dead air. I use earbuds with an adapter and I assumed that was the problem. But even with the new adapter, it’s not working.

I’ve been experimenting with calls over WiFi (which for me is preferred since I am in a rural area) and not on WiFi, and trying to make and send calls with and without the earbuds and it seems to be extremely hit or miss (mostly miss!) as to whether or not I can made and receive calls.

I made sure all the updates on my phone are up to date and I’m running out of ideas of what might be going on. I need my phone for work- help?

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @CdnRose 

Have you tried resetting the network settings or switching to 4G/LTE and see if that makes any difference?

Thank you for your response. I did just try that.

This is really frustrating. As I have been experimenting,  I was just successful in both calling and answering a call with earbuds in, but then I immediately tried doing the same with another number and I could neither answer nor make a call.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you able to put the Sim card in another phone? You can borrow anyone's phone to swap Sim cards to see if the problem follows.

I just tried using a set of wireless earbuds and although the sound quality was not great, I could at least make and receive calls.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I just tried using a set of wireless earbuds and although the sound quality was not great, I could at least make and receive calls.

It seems like your phone is causing the issue. Have you considered resetting it to factory settings? Make sure to back up your data before proceeding.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

How long have you had the phone? Are you still having issues without earbuds?