Koodo Community
Question

Galaxy A12 Compatibility?

• 20 March 2022
  • 2 replies

I had to replace my wife’s phone while in the US a few weeks ago., with a Galaxy A12, factory unlocked.  Worked fine with a US Network, but when we returned to Canada, and inserted our local sim card, it did not recognize it.  So I am hoping Koodo will work. 

FCC:  Galaxy A12 SM-A125F (FCC ID: SMA125F), The device supports GSM 850/1900, WCDMA Band V, LTE Band B5, and B41, 2.4GHz WI-FI, and Bluetooth!

The model number on this phone is SM-A125U1/DS

Is it fully compatible?

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Was there any error when you inserted the SIM into your A12? From what I searched, that version wasn’t a North American model. They might not fully be supported on Koodo network. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/my-phone-compatible-koodo

Anyway, can you recheck to make sure the phone can support the HSPA 850/1900 (3G)? if so the phone can work in many areas where you had 3G signal. LTE is a different story as it didn’t have band 4.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I had to replace my wife’s phone while in the US a few weeks ago., with a Galaxy A12, factory unlocked.  Worked fine with a US Network, but when we returned to Canada, and inserted our local sim card, it did not recognize it.  So I am hoping Koodo will work. 

FCC:  Galaxy A12 SM-A125F (FCC ID: SMA125F), The device supports GSM 850/1900, WCDMA Band V, LTE Band B5, and B41, 2.4GHz WI-FI, and Bluetooth!

The model number on this phone is SM-A125U1/DS

Is it fully compatible?

It will not be fully compatible. It works with Band 5 on the 4G network, but it does not support any other bands on the Koodo network. This means you will be using an unreliable connection and much lower speeds than if you were using another phone with more compatible bands and frequencies on the Koodo network. You may be better off getting another device that is better equipped. 

For your information, Koodo supports Bands 2 and 5 on their 3G network and Bands 2, 4, 5, 7, 12, 13, 17, 29, and 66 on their 4G and LTE network.