Koodo Community
Question

esim on galaxy active 2

• 4 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi there - sorry if this has been answered already (I couldn’t find it).  I’ve successfully activated an esim on my lte version of the galaxy active 2 lte watch.  I can make phone calls and receive phone calls, but I cannot send any SMS messages from my watch without my phone present.  The purpose of this is a standalone device for my child who does not own a phone (so no phone will be near by).  Has anyone else got this to work or should I go with another esim from Shaw or someone else?  Thanks

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Koodo unfortunately doesn’t support watch plans.

I’m surprised that you got as far as you did!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are notification settings set up correctly on the watch?

Here’s an excerpt from Samsung’s smart watch help page.

You will not be notified if the notifications for Incoming call, Missed call, and Messages are turned off. 

To check this, open the Galaxy Wearable app on the connected phone, then tap Watch settings, and then tap Notifications. Tap See all notification settings or More, and then verify the switch next to the features are turned on. Tap the Back icon, and manage the additional Notification settings as desired.

Problems with call and text messaging on your Samsung smart watch

Koodo does not support eSIM for wearable technology, at least not yet. TELUS might be the better option.

Smartwatch FAQ | TELUS

Edit: I didn’t see Allan M’s post until I refreshed the page.

So I did make it work finally.  Essentially I needed to enforce LTE on all the time vs ‘auto’ setting.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Interesting! I’d be interested in knowing what plan and watch you have - it sounds like a neat idea :)