Koodo Community
Solved

do I need to let Koodo know that I’ve switched phones?

• 21 October 2021
  • 1 reply

If if buy the Pixel 6 in full directly from google and put my current sim (pixel 5) into it, do I need to let Koodo know that I’ve switched phones? For example when I log in it shows my current pixel 5 tab so can I just keep paying it down monthly while I’m using the pixel 6? Since I didn’t upgrade with koodo, I don’t think I’m required to pay off my tab in full in order to switch to the pixel 6 that I bought elsewhere, is that correct?

Or have I totally misread things?

I know if I upgrade to the 6 with koodo I’ll have to pay off the tab first but this is not what I’m doing in this scenario so just wondering what is permitted and how it works. 

Thanks,

icon

Best answer by MilkyWay 21 October 2021, 01:12

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If if buy the Pixel 6 in full directly from google and put my current sim (pixel 5) into it, do I need to let Koodo know that I’ve switched phones? For example when I log in it shows my current pixel 5 tab so can I just keep paying it down monthly while I’m using the pixel 6? Since I didn’t upgrade with koodo, I don’t think I’m required to pay off my tab in full in order to switch to the pixel 6 that I bought elsewhere, is that correct?

Or have I totally misread things?

I know if I upgrade to the 6 with koodo I’ll have to pay off the tab first but this is not what I’m doing in this scenario so just wondering what is permitted and how it works. 

Thanks,

No, you can just insert your existing SIM card and it should work perfectly. With regards to your Tab, as long as you are not upgrading your phone while paying off your existing one, you shouldn’t need to pay the remaining Tab Bonus balance.