Koodo Community

disappointed new user

• 22 December 2021
  • 6 replies

I left virgin for koodo. Was told service was just as good. I have been having trouble accessing data on phone usually in commercial establishments . I couldn't scan for points at Tim Horton's for example recently. When I am in a store, I can't look up info about merchandise. Very disappointing. 

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That’s odd, because Virgin and Koodo both use the exact same towers. Are you sure you didn’t change phones, or something else that might affect your reception?

I have a newer phone as well. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Right, then I’d check if that phone doesn’t actually have a weaker antenna than your old one. If you still have your old phone, can you insert your Koodo SIM into that and try?

I have been using the same phone and I have had the same problem.

they are no good.

I am leaving for another carrier.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you verified that the phone is using cellular data at these times, rather than trying to access a public wifi hotspot?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I left virgin for koodo. Was told service was just as good. I have been having trouble accessing data on phone usually in commercial establishments . I couldn't scan for points at Tim Horton's for example recently. When I am in a store, I can't look up info about merchandise. Very disappointing. 

Did you check to see if you were using your data at the time or the wi-fi connection at the store? Usually the phone will automatically connect to the wi-fi hotspot if you are in proximity to the store. In that situation, you need to go to your browser and click “Connect to Wifi” in order to access it or turn off wi-fi to use your cellular data.