Koodo Community

didn't say yes to go to public mobile number transfer in time, need to manually approve transfer

• 10 March 2023
  • 7 replies

Need a manual approval to port to public mobile

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you tried to create another port request from PublicMobile?

I don’t know how to do that

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I don’t know how to do that

Have you contacted public mobile? How did you request the number transfer the 1st time?

I have, they said koodo needs to manually approve port.

I did the transfer request from their end and it worked but we didn’t YES to the text from koodo in time.

Public has submitted again for the port but it has to be approved by koodo.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have, they said koodo needs to manually approve port.

I did the transfer request from their end and it worked but we didn’t YES to the text from koodo in time.

Public has submitted again for the port but it has to be approved by koodo.

Number transfer is a security issue. If the number wasn't transferred, your Koodo service should still be active. I recommend you put the Koodo sim back and check.

If you don't have access to the sim card, you might have to contact Koodo directly by scheduling a call back at www.koodo.com/chat and ask a rep to validate the owner and remove the port protection.

Because I didn't reply to the text, I have to activate a new Koodo SIM and have the authorization resent to phone.  I don't have the original koodo SIM anymore.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @pkilfoyl 

You should get a 2FA text message to the new sim that you activate, did you get it in the meantime?