Koodo Community
Solved

Data not working even tho I have Easy Roam

• 21 July 2022
  • 5 replies

Hello!!! I travelled to Ireland in June and even though I have easy roam, my phone was unable to connect to data. I could only use wifi when it was available. This has never happened in all the countries I’ve visited. It was stressful and unsafe - not being able to use my phone when outside of a wifi zone. I could not even call Koodo or anything because data was not connecting. I had my data roaming on and everything, I’ve done this so many times but it just did not work in Ireland. Thoughts? I should mention that this was the first time travelling with my new iPhone, which I purchased directly from Apple and not from Koodo-my previous phones were purchased directly from Koodo. Not sure if that makes a difference? Nothing has changed with my Koodo plan. 

icon

Best answer by Boa_Guy Koodo 22 July 2022, 20:26

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Was everything else working like calling and texting or was none of it working?

Was everything else working like calling and texting or was none of it working?

Hi Allan! Everything was working when I had wifi, but outside of that I had nothing. No data connection. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@CB108  Hi there! We have verified your account and you forgot to add the Data roaming and Voice roaming option to your account.  Not to worry, we went ahead and did it for you already. Please restart your device and all should be functional.  

Here are two great articles that can also help. 

Have a great vacation, 

Cheers, 

Thanks!!! I just want to confirm what I did wrong. When I was travelling I had these under “my add-ons” in my account as per usual (I travel a lot and have never had an issue before): $14/day Easy Roam INTL. $11/day US Easy Roam. 
What step did I miss? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@CB108  You were missing “Voice Roaming” “ Data Roaming” and “pay per use Intl calling”  you have them all now. :)