Koodo Community
Solved

Currently visiting Pakistan, but my phone won't pick up a network.

• 16 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello, 

I am currently visiting Pakistan, and I do not have EasyRoam enabled through Self-Serve.

I don’t intend on using my device during travel, however my phone (iPhone 12) will not pick up any signal whatsoever. I have tried removing my SIM and reinserting but still no luck. My biggest problem is that I am not able to receive text messages. I do not need to send texts, but receiving them is important since various 2-factor authentication codes are sent to my phone number but because there is no reception I am not receiving any of these important texts. Any guidance you can provide would be greatly appreciated. 

icon

Best answer by Goran 16 March 2022, 18:08

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello, 

I am currently visiting Pakistan, and I do not have EasyRoam enabled through Self-Serve.

I don’t intend on using my device during travel, however my phone (iPhone 12) will not pick up any signal whatsoever. I have tried removing my SIM and reinserting but still no luck. My biggest problem is that I am not able to receive text messages. I do not need to send texts, but receiving them is important since various 2-factor authentication codes are sent to my phone number but because there is no reception I am not receiving any of these important texts. Any guidance you can provide would be greatly appreciated. 

Did you include the International Voice Roaming and International Data Roaming add-ons to your account?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

International Voice Roaming is sufficient to enable calls and texting. Once you have added it in self-serve, restart your phone and you should be able to connect. If you still cannot, do let us know.

Thank you both for your help, enabling the add-ons worked :)