Skip to main content

As you may know, Apple introduced a new feature on iOS 17 as outlined in Koodo’s support article here :

I was just curious to know if voicemail greeting and settings on iPhone is something we can do with Koodo.

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/guide/iphone/ipha113f4a15/ios

Doesn’t look like it from what I can tell.

The greeting setting is supposed to be in the top left corner:

But I don’t see that option on mine:

I am able to change my personal greeting and it sounds like everything is working on my end. However, when friends call they are hearing a default greeting. How do I fix this?

I am able to change my personal greeting and it sounds like everything is working on my end. However, when friends call they are hearing a default greeting. How do I fix this?

How are you going about changing your greeting?

Nothing has changed. I’m having the same problem.

Sorry, I misread the question. I have tried resetting my network settings. I have tried turning off wifi and turning on cell. I’ve tried deleting all of my voice mail messages…so far nothing has worked.

How are you changing your voicemail greeting though?

I am going into my voicemail, pressing number 3, then I press number 1 (I believe) when it asks me to record my personal greeting. When it asks me to listen to my active greeting it replays the message I recorded and all sounds correct, but when people call my phone they say they hear the default male voice greeting

So you are changing the greeting to your Koodo voicemail.

If you are using Apple’s live voicemail feature, you are using their system which you can’t current change the greeting for.

Your options would be to turn off the live voicemail feature, or I believe that purchasing Koodo’s visual voicemail would allow you to change the live voicemail greeting. (Not 100% on that last part though)

Thank you, Allen! That worked! I turned off Apple live  voicemail and now my personal greeting is working! Thanks so much!