Koodo Community
Solved

Cannot send SMS on iPhone - everything else works on $15 postpaid plan

• 9 December 2022
  • 6 replies

Hi,

I’m a new monthly postpaid user so I’ve not run out of data but I cannot send SMS messages through iMessage.  I keep getting Failed to Send if I message an Android device.  Wifi, web surfing using data, phone calls, and blue text messaging all work..  Only sending SMS texts aren’t working.

I just switched to Koodo since Apple no long supports pay per use data add ons.  With Petro-Canada mobility I had no problems sending the green SMS messages.  Switching to a cheap monthly plan makes the most sense except for this glitch.

thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by Dinh 11 December 2022, 01:29

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Another clue to add to my inability to send SMS texts:  the SMS texts I received from my old provider (Petro-Canada-Can) and now Koodo are grey coloured bubbles not green (or blue).

The grey text I received from Koodo was that my number had successfully been ported over.

My clue about the grey text is a goof.  Just noticed on my sent messages are coloured and replies are always grey.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I assumed you transferred your number from PC into Koodo? When did you port the number? And did you receive a text from Koodo saying your transfer was completed?

also, in the phone message settings, did you enable “send as sms”?

Dinh, yes I did get the your transfer was completed message from Koodo and yes, the “send as sms” button is enabled.  I ported the number over on Wednesday, so three days ago.  That’s why this is all puzzling.

Also is it normal that I’ve only gotten two bars (cell signal strength) so far in different parts of Vancouver?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Dinh, yes I did get the your transfer was completed message from Koodo and yes, the “send as sms” button is enabled.  I ported the number over on Wednesday, so three days ago.  That’s why this is all puzzling.

Also is it normal that I’ve only gotten two bars (cell signal strength) so far in different parts of Vancouver?

Which iPhone model was it?

Could you reset network settings of the phone. You could go to Settings app » General » Transfer or Reset »  Reset » Select Network settings. It should help if there was something wrong with the settings of the phone.  Also, could you make sure you have the +1 in front of your contact number when sending SMS? I assumed these SMS was sent to a Canadian number?

Regarding the signal, it depends on many factors though (your location, tower location, indoor/outdoor, iphone hardware, etc...).

Thank Dinh, reset network settings seemed to do the trick.  I didn’t find it in General though but in Cellular.  SMS messaging works now!