Koodo Community
Question

Cannot enable my wifi calling

I have a Pixel 6 Pro. I am in a remote camp with only wireless connections. I came up a few days ago and was able to make calls and send texts through wifi. 

Today I cannot make or receive any calls or messages. I followed a lot of the online suggestions and also reset my network connections. I've had VoLTE as an add on for years. I keep airplane mode on since my phone would be constantly looking for a mobile network to connect to and there are none here but I have tried making calls while switching it off.

Please help as I need to connect to my calls for work and will not be in cell range for weeks. 

Thank you.

This topic has been closed for comments

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What is the error you are getting when trying to activate wi-fi calling? 

Hi Robert. I posted the error image on my post not sure if you can see it. "Turn off airplane mode or connect to a wireless network to make a call"

I've restarted my phone, reset the network connections, turned off airplane mode and tried that way, turned airplane mode back on, checked to make sure I have VoLTE add on (which I've had for a long time. Checked the self help community chats for more tips. 

It was working this morning but it isn't anymore. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi Robert. I posted the error image on my post not sure if you can see it. "Turn off airplane mode or connect to a wireless network to make a call"

I've restarted my phone, reset the network connections, turned off airplane mode and tried that way, turned airplane mode back on, checked to make sure I have VoLTE add on (which I've had for a long time. Checked the self help community chats for more tips. 

It was working this morning but it isn't anymore. 

Have you restarted your phone and tried again?

Multiple times

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Multiple times

It is possible that the wifi connection at the camp is not stable enough. Are you able to access any websites or social media without any issues?

Hi, there are 3 strong wifi connections through Starlink. I can check emails, social media sites, video FaceTime on messenger and easily load pictures and photos. Each of the 3 different starlink addresses are very fast and I've tried each one.

I don't know why it's not working 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I don't know why it's not working 

That is strange. Let me flag a rep to help you out. 

Thank you.

If that helps

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If that helps

Do you have access to a computer to back up your phone data? Have you considered doing an update and reinstall the software on your phone to see if that may resolve your issue? You can click the following link to start the process. https://pixelrepair.withgoogle.com/carrier_selection

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there @LinsM   We have looked into your account, and everything seems ok, but just for safe measure, we have removed the VoLTE add-on, then added it back. We have also refreshed the backend.  Please restart your device and try activating WiFi calling again. 

Hi Boa Guy

Cm you please reset this again? It worked briefly and would like to try again. Also, is there anyway to contact you directly so I don't have to message on this board if it recurs?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there @LinsM   We checked your account and everything is correct. 

Now when I select wifi calling it just loads and finally says this when it can't connect 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

From the screenshot the phone asked you to activate wifi calling in an area you had Koodo signal.

This is a known issue with Android phone and Koodo wifi calling. The system asked you to reconnect to Koodo network if you were out of Koodo signal coverage for few days. There were several similar reports in the past.

iPhone wifi calling seemed to be better.