Skip to main content

When I call a certain number in the 867 area code from my Koodo-powered cell phone I get an error message of the kind “sorry this call did not go through”. When I call the same number from another phone the call goes through and I hear the recorded announcement that is associated with that number.

Is it my phone? Or is it Koodo? I’d lke to know who/what is messing up here, and if someone else with a Koodo account could call that number and let me know what they hear, that would be helpful.

The number is **55 (area code shown at the top of this message). Many thanks!

Have you tried to put the +1 in front of the 867 to test out if the phone can do it? I wonder the “dial assist” of your phone has issue.

Hi, thanks, starting dialing with a 1 does not make a difference,

And what is “call assist”? (My cell phone is a very simple dumb phone by the way.)

Also, should mention that otherwise the phone works as it should, so I don’t suspect it yet as the cause of the problem - but if other Koodo users can reach the number I will have to suspect the phone. :)

Hi, thanks, starting dialing with a 1 does not make a difference,

And what is “call assist”? (My cell phone is a very simple dumb phone by the way.)

Just to make sure, You did put the “+1” in front of the number (not “1”)? 

Dial assist allows you the phone to automatically select the correct countries code for the number. If your phone couldn’t recognize the area code, it might not help you dial correctly.

Anyway, I dialed the number above, it said the person had changed the number to some thing else. The issue could also be from the other end.

I can’t put a plus sign in front of any number I dial… the input will only accept numbers.

I can also reach other numbers in the 867 area code (my own area code), so the phone does not seem to have issues recognising what I input...

@Dinh 

Sounds like you get the recording, so your phone can reach that number, which is good to know. :)

I tried something different:

In the 867 area (which is more than a third of the country, actually) we can still connect via 7-digit dialing, so I tried a few numbers that way.

I can reach other numbers that way but get the same error message when dialing 979 2055.

I can’t put a plus sign in front of any number I dial… the input will only accept numbers.

I can also reach other numbers in the 867 area code (my own area code), so the phone does not seem to have issues recognising what I input...

You could hold the number 0 on the keypad for 1,2 second, it should show the ‘+’ sign.

I believe for landlines, you can dial 7 digit numbers. However, for cell number, you might need 10 digit