Koodo Community
Solved

Can't send or receive texts from android users

• 5 November 2023
  • 26 replies

I ordered a new Iphone from koodo, it came in the mail and I did the transfer to take all the information off my old Iphone to put on the new one (both were with Koodo).  Everything transferred over fine, however, now I can’t send or receive texts from Android users.

icon

Best answer by TayMattJosh 8 November 2023, 12:29

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

26 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @TayMattJosh 

Are the services working for data and calling?

Are you using the old sim card in the new phone or did you complete a swap from the old sim to the new sim as per the article here https://koo.do/InfoSIM ?

Hi, 

I am using the new SIM card that came with the phone, Koodo sent me a new SIM to put in the new phone.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Got it! 

Did you already perform the sim swap using the instructions in the link provided above (under Sim card replacement and Upgrades)? 

I’m sorry, I can’t see the article, when I click on it, it doesn’t say anything about Sim Swaps, I’m trying to find it because I definitely didn’t do that part.  I will keep looking.  Thanks very much so far for all your help

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’m sorry, I can’t see the article, when I click on it, it doesn’t say anything about Sim Swaps, I’m trying to find it because I definitely didn’t do that part.  I will keep looking.  Thanks very much so far for all your help

I believe the full link is below, you could find the instructions to switch sim there (sim card replacement 101& upgrade)

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/koodo-sim-support

Thanks very much for directing to the SIM Swap, I had no idea I had to do that, I just thought I was to put the new one in and carry on.  So I did that, waited the 15 min, restarted my phone and it’s still not sending texts to my android friends

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks very much for directing to the SIM Swap, I had no idea I had to do that, I just thought I was to put the new one in and carry on.  So I did that, waited the 15 min, restarted my phone and it’s still not sending texts to my android friends

Could you go to Settings » Messages » check “Send as SMS”, and make sure it was ON?

As well, you can try to disable iMessage and re-enable it to see if that can help.

Yes Send as SMS is on, I diabled  IMessage and Re-enabled it.  I did notice  under MMS Messaging there are two primary numbers (both are the same number) just didn’t know if something was picking up from the wrong spot because of that

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@TayMattJosh 

We can see that the sim swap has been performed successfully. Are you able to make/ receive calls? Are just the text messages that won’t send?

We recommend also resetting the network settings (this would also reset the saved wifi and bluetooth connections on the new iPhone)

It’s just sending text messages, they are able to send them to me and I get them.

I clicked on the reset network, however, my phone isn’t listed to show me how to do it.  Are you able to give me instructions, I have an IPhone 15 Pro.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It’s just sending text messages, they are able to send them to me and I get them.

I clicked on the reset network, however, my phone isn’t listed to show me how to do it.  Are you able to give me instructions, I have an IPhone 15 Pro.

Thanks

You could reset network settings of the phone by going to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

You would have to reenter your wifi and bluetooth passwords after a network reset.

Okay I did that and tried again, still not working 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Okay I did that and tried again, still not working 

Did you use your existing SIM card and insert it into your new iPhone? Is there any signal on the phone?

I did try using the original SIM before I went online and did the transfer.  When I did is said SOS and nothing would work.  Then I did the transfer and put the new SIM in. There is currently only two bars  and it says Koodo at the top of the screen.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I did try using the original SIM before I went online and did the transfer.  When I did is said SOS and nothing would work.  Then I did the transfer and put the new SIM in. There is currently only two bars  and it says Koodo at the top of the screen.  

That means the new SIM is working now. Have you tried updating your phone to the latest version? 

It says its running Version iOS 17.0.3, is there a newer version, if so how do I update it, it’s not telling me there is one to do

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It says its running Version iOS 17.0.3, is there a newer version, if so how do I update it, it’s not telling me there is one to do

The latest version is iOS 17.1. You can refer to this page to see if you can update it wirelessly on your phone. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204204

Okay I have done the update and restarted my phone.  It’s still not working

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Okay I have done the update and restarted my phone.  It’s still not working

That was weird, as you already switched sim and received a text from Koodo to the old sim. 
What type of sms from Android was it? What error did you see when you tried to send a sms to an Android phone?

I didn’t receive a text from Koodo

It says not delivered and message send  failure 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I didn’t receive a text from Koodo

It says not delivered and message send  failure 

How was the Koodo signal in your area? As well, have you checked the Canadian number to make sure it was entered correctly with the prefix +1? 

The signal is normally good, however, since I switched the phone it has been one or two bars.

Yes it has a 1 at the start

I just tried calling an android user and the call also won’t go through.  I can call Iphone users.

Update, I can receive incoming calls and text but can’t send texts to android users or phone calls to anyone (including IPhones).  I can only IMessage

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Update, I can receive incoming calls and text but can’t send texts to android users or phone calls to anyone (including IPhones).  I can only IMessage

Were you using an Android device before? Did you turn off RCS? https://messages.google.com/disable-chat

No I went from an IPhone 12 with Koodo to an IPhone 15 Pro with Koodo