Koodo Community
Question

Can't send or receive text messages

• 6 December 2023
  • 12 replies

Hi, I have tried various troubleshooting with no luck like resetting this and that.

I switched from Fido to Koodo, and I was with the rep at a physical store.

He helped transfer the number, so I was able to get calling working.  The transfer seem to work.

I received the fido message to transfer, but looking around the community, I was suppose to get a Koodo welcome message and didn’t receive that.

I made need support to look at what’s wrong.

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I assumed  you have replied “Yes” when you received the porting text from Fido?

Which phone model are you using? have you tried to reset network settings of the phone to see if that work?

Yeah, I did press yes.  Showed the rep that I did.

Using an iPhone 12 mini.  Not sure where that option is, so as I’m finding it, if the steps could be provided, it would be appreciated.

I went to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Network

And I hit ‘Reset Settings’ there, is that it?  It didn’t work if it is.

I went to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Network

And I hit ‘Reset Settings’ there, is that it?  It didn’t work if it is.

This didn’t work for me. But yes, that is it. It should had restarted your phone during the process.

I ported in a few days ago, and just realized my texts aren’t working. My friend on another account is having the same issue. 

Koodo customer service is a nightmare

I hope I am able to get some help quickly because I am not even able to do my banking because of text two factor authentication.  A lot of the things I do requires the same kind of authentication, so please help.

Any update? Have you called in their support? You can go to the Koodo store and they have a Koodo District Representative who the in-store reps can call and he can escalate it for you.

It’s not working for me after: resetting all my settings (not data reset)

what I found worked is when I put the sim card in another phone, sent the text, swapped back to the original phone, received the text from the person I initially texted, then it seems it activates it to work for that specific line.

Might switch back to my old carrier if they offer a good deal

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there ! 

@Difung , we verified the account and the port status shows as Cancelled. This usually happens if the timeframe is missed (90 minutes) or if the information was not entered correctly when the port in was initiated. There might be some cases in the backend however we are limited to some actions here over the community and we will recommend you to schedule a call-back via the Koodo Assist, using an alternative number, in order to check with our Porting Department team.

@Azizi On your side, the port in shows completed. In regards to the text messages, if all the steps of troubleshooting were followed, we can recommend reaching out to our Technical Support team so that they can look into the situation in order to find a resolve. 

As for resetting the network settings on an apple device, the path would be Settings > General > Transfer or Reset > Reset > Reset Network Settings (you can also use the search option in the settings as it might differ based on the IOS version). 

I found a great help page that you can try. It revolves around the settings of the device and you can find it on the Apple Website here. 

Keep us posted on the situation.

@Darius Koodo  Hey Darius, I’ve been experiencing the same issue. I ported my number back on November 30th and havent been able to receive any text msgs. I called Koodo 3 times and no-one was able to help me. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Darius Koodo  Hey Darius, I’ve been experiencing the same issue. I ported my number back on November 30th and havent been able to receive any text msgs. I called Koodo 3 times and no-one was able to help me. 

@Nortam : What was the status in your number transfer in selfserve and which number did you call Koodo? was it the porting center?

For those using iPhone, if you are unable to send or receive SMS txt messages then this is a carrier issue.

Once resolved you will need to wait up to 24 hours to have your iMessage verified with Apple.

i too ported over and followed all the steps and the porting showed successful however no SMS until I requested this be looked into.  Once resolved  number of hours later my iMessage was verified and working with Apple.

I never got that “Welcome” message from Koodo.  Lol.

Hi there ! 

@Difung , we verified the account and the port status shows as Cancelled. This usually happens if the timeframe is missed (90 minutes) or if the information was not entered correctly when the port in was initiated. There might be some cases in the backend however we are limited to some actions here over the community and we will recommend you to schedule a call-back via the Koodo Assist, using an alternative number, in order to check with our Porting Department team.

@Azizi On your side, the port in shows completed. In regards to the text messages, if all the steps of troubleshooting were followed, we can recommend reaching out to our Technical Support team so that they can look into the situation in order to find a resolve. 

As for resetting the network settings on an apple device, the path would be Settings > General > Transfer or Reset > Reset > Reset Network Settings (you can also use the search option in the settings as it might differ based on the IOS version). 

I found a great help page that you can try. It revolves around the settings of the device and you can find it on the Apple Website here. 

Keep us posted on the situation.

Hi there, @Darius Koodo @Koodo @Koodo Community Team @Flo Koodo 

Thanks for the info. I thought my issue was corrected, but it seems not. I tried sending text message to numbers and it’s still not working after resetting my phone, going to the store and doing a sim swap, etc.

It works perfectly fine when I use another carrier sim card in the phone, but having issues with the Koodo sim, and this was originally a phone purchased from Koodo too. In addition, I only ported from Koodo Prepaid to Postpaid, and the phone was working magnificently before reswitching to postpaid. It seems that VOIP numbers can text me perfectly fine, but when texting a real number, I have issues.

Can you please reset my text settings, or escalate this? The tech support through the phone, although very very kind, is painful to deal with, and I’ve already spent hours on end on the phone, with no solution.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Azizi 

Sorry to hear that the issue persists!

We see that there was some troubleshooting steps made with the rep from tech support at the  beginning of December and based on the agent notes, this seems to related to the phone itself and resetting the network settings from the phone or ultimately, resetting to factory settings was suggested.

Resetting network setting is possible from the phone settings https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/article-categories/phone-troubleshooting