Koodo Community
Question

Can't receive text message from certain online services

I just ported my number from another service yesterday. I am unable to log in to certain online services (MyCRA, PayPal, PayBright) that require a 6 digit code to be sent to my phone. I initiate the login but don’t receive the text message. I am able to send and receive text messages from other contacts.

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

How long has it been? It takes a little time to complete the porting process. If you’re currently able to receive texts frtom contacts, it may well be the 2FA short codes isn’t running yet. You can try calling the porting department. If it’s still processing, you’ll be able to get through to them. If it’s “complete” you shouldn’t be able to get through to them. If you’re not able to get through to them, let us know to flag a rep top look into it. they can be reached at 1-844-232-7678

Thank you for the quick reply.

It’s been about 24 hours since porting my number from a different service provider.

I called 1-844-232-7678  and got this automated message: "An active transfer request does not exist for this number". Then I asked help from the Koodo Assist chatBot, saying that I can't receive 2FA short codes and got a call back from an agent quickly. He was really helpful, managed to fix the PayPal access and submitted a ticket for PayBright access.